Kodi 17.1 “Krypton” has just been released by the developers on kodi.tv, it’s a well known open source program designed for streaming videos and is an awesome choice for movie and TV shows fans.
I have been using kodi for more than 5 years now and I have it installed on my TV box, my tablet and Windows Laptop.
Unlike other streaming services such as Chromcast or Plex, Kodi is a non-profit project that is 100% commercials free and offers a great streaming and watching experience.
The new Kodi Release offers various bugfixes:
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements.
- Fix EDL skipping.
- Fix slow song smartplaylist.
- Several PVR fixes.
- Update Chorus webinterface.
- Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag.
- Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries.
- Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping.
- Fix music cleanup hanging on large MySQL music database.
- Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows.
- Don’t close subtitle stream when switching audio.
- Fix replaygain for music files.
- Fix controllers buttons on Android.
- Improve analog stick handling.
- Improve plugin performance when building the content list.
- Fix possible upgrade migration hang during add-on update process.
- Add check in Windows installer for Service Packs and updates that it needs to operate.
- Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams.
- Fix use of SMB on Android on new installs.
- Add setting to disable controller rumble on notifications.
You can go ahead and download your copy from Kodi’s official website.